The United Shore Professional Baseball League (USPBL), the first independent professional baseball league in the metro Detroit area, is in the final stages of preparing for its inaugural Opening Day on May 30 at the new Jimmy John’s Field in downtown Utica. The new league will feature three teams – the Utica Unicorns, the Eastside Diamond Hoppers and the Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers – comprised of top level, recently graduated collegiate players from across the country who are still trying to make it to the major leagues.
The recent construction progress at Jimmy John’s Field includes the installation of the seats in the grandstand, the erection of the scoreboard structure and the start of work on the playing field. The USPBL also recently released renderings of the exclusive Private Patio Cabana Suites at the ballpark, which are open-air suites located directly on top of the team dugouts. Each Cabana Suite is furnished with a ceiling fan, sectional, fire pit and 12 seats at the front of the suite, right behind the entrance to the dugout.
Opening Day festivities
The inaugural Opening Day festivities at Jimmy John’s Field on May 30 will include:
- Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
• Inaugural first game lanyard and commemorative ticket holder
• The Cowboy Monkey Rodeo featuring Team Ghost Riders
• The Utica High School Marching Band
• Special Flag Corps Honor Guard from American Legion Post 326 and VFW Post 6250
• Live music by Mark Reitenga
• A barbershop quartet
• The American Band
• Utica Unicorn’s mascot, Lancelot
• Face painting
• Plus other surprises you won’t want to miss!
Opportunities to join the fun at Jimmy John’s Field
If you are interested in joining the fun at Jimmy John’s Field, please call the USPBL at (248) 601-2400, visit the website at www.uspbl.com or follow the league’s Facebook page to learn more about the following:
- sponsorship/advertising signage opportunities
- suites and season tickets
- company picnics and group outings
- special ticket offers – including a new Opening Day – Top Ten Ticket Plan, featuring 10 of the best games throughout the season, including Opening Day.