- The annual Mount Clemens Art Fair is a free outdoor fine art and craft fair located in downtown Mount Clemens. Featured are fine artists and crafters, pottery wheel, food vendors, a kids’ art zone and music and entertainment. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, June 4 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 5. http://www.theartcenter.org/
- It is farmers market season!! Visit one of Macomb County’s great farmers markets. Two are opening this weekend: the New Baltimore Farmers Market (June 5) and the Sterling Heights Dodge Park Farmers Market (June 4). Read our recent blog for a full list of all Macomb County farmers markets: https://mmyh.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/farmers-market-season-is-in-full-bloom-in-macomb-county/.
- Macomb Township Parks and Recreation is hosting its annual Tons O’ Trucks & Wheeled Wonders event. This is a great opportunity for the entire family to get up close and personal with almost any type of vehicle one can imagine. Bring your camera and explore the over 65 vehicles that will be there. Children can also enjoy inflatables, face painting, train rides, refreshments, giveaways and more. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 4 at St. John Medical Center, 17900 23 Mile Road, west of Romeo Plank. https://www.gomtpr.org/events/tons-o-trucks/
- If you haven’t had a chance to register for this weekend’s annual Sprint and Splash Festival of Races event, don’t worry. Those interested in participating can do walk up registration the morning of the event, which is this Sunday, June 5. Events include a 5K run, a Duathlon (5K run and 2-mile paddle) and stand-up paddle board races. All participants receive a finisher’s medal, race shirt, goodie bag and free breakfast. Enjoy the ambiance of Lake St. Clair and help donate to some special water preservation causes. www.sprintandsplash.com
5. The 58th Annual Jefferson Yacht Club Blessing of the Fleet will take place at noon on Saturday, June 4 at the Jefferson Yacht Club in St. Clair Shores. http://www.nauticalmile.org/events/