No matter how 2016 was for you – the best year yet, or maybe you are just glad that it’s over with – it’s time to celebrate. Staying local on this big holiday has its definite advantages, and luckily, Macomb County has a variety of spots available right here where partygoers can enjoy fabulous eats, refreshing drinks and a hip groovin’ tune or two. Below is a list of just some of the great places one can ring in 2017. Oh, and always remember not to drink and drive! (Uber, Shamrock Cab Co., Suburban Cab and Sterling Cab are just a few local places to call if you find yourself unfit to get behind the wheel that evening, or any time for that matter.)
- New Year’s Eve Music Jam at the newly re-opened Emerald Theatre
- New Year’s Eve Las Vegas Style at the American-Polish Century Club
- Bring in the New Year with the Ultimate Tribute Show at Penne Lane Restaurant
- Countdown to 2017 at The Mirage Banquet Center
- Celebrate New Year’s in Style at Zuccaro Banquets and Catering
- The Palazzo Grande Presents NYE 2016 with live entertainment by Eclipse
- Kick off the New Year with a night of food, drinks and dessert at Fern Hill Golf Club
- Downtown Mount Clemens New Year’s Eve Gala with fireworks at midnight
- Sycamore Hills Golf Club Presents A Gatsby Affair New Year’s Eve Celebration
- Crank’s Catering presents their New Year’s Eve Gala at their Enchantment Banquet Hall
We recommend pre-purchasing tickets for any of the above events, as all will sell out before New Year’s Eve! Tickets for each event typically include drinks, dinner and dessert, as well as a variety of live entertainment.
Amanda Minaudo is a senior planner in the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development. She often contributes to the Make Macomb Your Home Blog, writing about the many fun and exciting things to see and do around Macomb County.