Although Friday fish fries began as a religious tradition, they have developed into a way for members of the community to come together and enjoy delicious food while also supporting local nonprofit organizations like the churches, VFW posts or Knights of Columbus chapters. The tradition is no longer only for Christians, but for anyone who wants to spend time with family and friends, enjoy a delicious meal and give back. Fish fry dinners also provide the opportunity for you to donate your time and cooking skills to these organizations by volunteering.
Macomb County has no shortage of Friday fish fry dinners this Lenten season (March 1 – April 15). Here, we have provided a list of fish fry dinners happening in Macomb County. A link to each organization’s website is included in the list, which provides details on menus and pricing. The dinners take place every Friday in Lent unless otherwise indicated.
- The St. Isidore Knights of Columbus Annual Fish Fry from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., located at 18201 23 Mile Road, Macomb Township.
- Peter’s Lutheran Church from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., located at 23000 Gratiot Ave., Eastpointe.
- St. Clair Shores VFW Post 1146 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., located at 28404 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores.
- The St. Anne Fish Fry from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Additionally, beginning on March 10 and running through April 7, the St. Anne Fish Fry will feature live entertainment beginning at 8:30 p.m. St. Anne’s is located at 3200 Mound Road, Warren.
- Isaac Jogues Fish Fry from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., located at 2100 Madison, St. Clair Shores.
- Veronica Church All You Can Eat Fish Fry from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., located at 21440 Universal, Eastpointe.
- John Lutheran School and Church will be hosting two fish fry dinners from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays, March 14 and March 31, located at 16339 14 Mile Road, Fraser.
- Blasé Parish from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., located at 12151 15 Mile Road, Sterling Heights.
Amanda Minaudo is a senior planner in the Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development. She often contributes to the Make Macomb Your Home Blog, writing about the many fun and exciting things to see and do around Macomb County.