August 2, 2017 – Mark your calendar for August 12 & 13 to stop by the Shelby Township Municipal Grounds for the 34th Annual Shelby Township Art Fair. In addition to seeing some fabulous art from national, regional and local artists and artisans, this event features a variety of crafts as well as products from Michigan based businesses and family-friendly entertainment.
Bring the family for a day filled with activities and entertainment, and bring home a special piece of art, a hand-made item, product, or a souvenir from your visit.
Parking and entry is FREE and so is the shuttle bus (sponsored by Christian Financial Credit Union) that travels between the grounds and the Community Center, so you won’t have a long walk back to your car with all of the treasures you found at the fair.
This event is presented by the Shelby Township Art Fair Committee, hosted by the Shelby Township Parks, Recreation and Maintenance Department and is supported by our generous sponsors including DTE Energy Foundation, Christian Financial Credit Union, Genisys Credit Union, C & G Newspapers, Macomb Charity Connect, Prime-Site Media, Shelby Community Foundation, Shelby Township FOP #142, Hayes Self Storage, and Eyeglass World – Shelby Township.
Entertainment Around the Grounds
- DTE Energy Foundation Kid’s Tent – Youth Art Display, Louie the Lightning Bug, Activities and Giveaways
- Live Music at the Bandshell – Sponsored by Genisys Credit Union
- Monster Mural Interactive Art for All Ages – Sponsored by Christian Financial Credit Union
- Detroit Flyhouse Circus – show at 2:30 pm each day
- Free Crafts and Bouncers at the Kid’s Craft & Activity Corner
- See Live Critters from the Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center
- Fire Department Safety Bounce House & Truck
- Police Department Child ID Kits
- Trashy Treasures Recycled Art Competition – Hosted by the Shelby Township Solid Waste & Recycling Committee
- Andrews Schoolhouse Tours – provided by the Shelby Township Historical Committee
- Shelby-Macomb Kiwanis Aktion Club Craft Fundraiser
The Shelby Township Municipal Grounds are located at 52700 Van Dyke Avenue, just south of 24 Mile Road and the fair hours are Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
More details about the fair are available at http://shelbyartfair.wix.com/shelbyartfair, on the Shelby Township Art Fair’s Facebook page, or by calling the Shelby Parks, Recreation and Maintenance Department at 586-731-0300.