This holiday season, you’ll find the perfect gifts and much more at Anton Art Center, located in downtown Mount Clemens. The Art Center’s 2017 Holiday Market offers for sale an array of fine arts and delightful crafts, gifts, and holiday décor. Holiday Market features the work of 130 artists from Macomb County and throughout the state, including over 20 artists whose work is new to the Holiday Market this year.
You’ll find exciting activities at the Art Center throughout the Holiday Market schedule:
- Opening day, November 17, Holiday Market remains open until 9 p.m. for the Downtown Mount Clemens Open House.
- The Mini-Tree Silent Auction invites visitors to support Art Center programs by bidding on decorated small Christmas trees donated by individuals and community groups.
- November 19, from 1 to 3 p.m., visitors have the opportunity to meet many of the displaying artists at a “Meet the Artists” reception.
- The second floor gallery hosts the exhibition “Sculpting a Picture Book”; in which artist and author Jeff Jantz shares the process of making his book Gruel Snarl Draws a Wild Zugthing! Jantz will be on hand for a talk and book signing December 9, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Along with the Crocker House and the Michigan Transit Museum, the Art Center is a stop on Mount Clemens Jingle Journey, December 10, between 1 and 4 p.m. A free shuttle bus will provide transportation between sites, which will offer activities for the whole family.
The Market opens November 17 and runs through December 22 at Anton Art Center, located at 125 Macomb Place in downtown Mount Clemens. The market is open to the public Tuesdays through Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursdays, November 30, December 7, 14, and 21, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sundays Noon to 4 p.m. The Center will be closed November 22 and 23. For additional information about Holiday Market events, check www.theartcenter.org, call 586-469-8666 or email email@example.com.